Monday, September 3, 2012

First 24 Hours.

Dear Ladies and Gents,

Can I just say it is day two in the lovely country of England and I have already done so much. Let me break it down for ya.

Flights can be an interesting place to gather stories. And I am no exception to that. My first flight to JFK was nice. Sat next to an amazing Austinite family with a great window seat. Let me jut say, flying into New York City is a trip. All I can say is, smog is real people. Smog is real.

After having 5 hours in the JFK airport, I boarded onto my flight bound for London. I originally had a middle section aisle seat an through a turn of events, I ended getting a window seat after trading my seat(s) for love bird couples. So, I finally sat down next to a business Puerto Rican man (who thought I was Puerto Rican, but that's beside the point) and got all settled. It was great. Time flew, quite literally. I was on cloud 9. I felt like a mature adult traveling internationally who is getting ready to studying abroad. It was awesome. And then breakfast came...

I had one hour left and was just chilling next to this good looking Puerto Rican just eating my breakfast and drinking my orange juice. They passed out arrival cards and I had to get a pen out of my bag. So I lifted my tray and started digging and then I realized I was tipping my orange juice cup forward. Thought I was sly by catching myself before the horrible disaster of spilling occurred. I was proud of my swift and cat-like reflexes. And then I felt it seep into my jeans. And not just on the thigh area either. I don't know how to put this delicately but I am just going to come right out and say it. I spilt a half a cup's worth of orange juice on my crotch, seat, and shirt. Crap.

Not only was I cold and wet, it got sticky and began to smell. And if you know anything about dried orange juice is it smells like pee. It also looks like it. So here I am with one hour left for it to dry and I'm trying to be this mature adult and I am arriving in London looking like I wet myself. Not even 24 hours into this trip (I haven't even arrived to be honest) and I am making quite the impression.

To sum this up, I stayed covered and tried to dry myself secretly and bolted to the bathroom as soon as it was possible. After going trough the easiest and quickest customs ever, I found Adi and we were on our way (with my incredibly heavy bags) to take on London.

The day was full of sight seeing, drinking coffee, and a concert of some absolutely amazing bands. The first day has been great. All I can say is when we went to bed, I don't remember laying there for longer than a minute.  It was glorious.

Here are just a couple pictures of my many from the day.

The One and Only, Mr. Matt Corby.

Gotta love red phone booths.

My form of transportation for the week.

March Arch!  Woot Woot!

That's all for the first day.  It's been awesome.  Simple.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Sincerely,
Angela



1 comment:

  1. Professional TravellerSeptember 17, 2012 at 4:53 AM

    You + Airports/planes = Entertaining (im still laughing by the way not only about this but also yr Australian airport adventure :) love it have fun

    ReplyDelete