Friday, August 31, 2012

We Must Be Somewhere in London.

Dear Family and Friends.

This week has gone by so fast and the day has come for me to hop on a plane and take Europe on by storm.  It is a strange feeling to feel like you are waiting forever and then suddenly you don't have to wait anymore.  The time has come, and boy am I ready.  My bags are packed.  My room is clean.  And my traveling gnome is more than ready to make this journey.


The past couple of weeks I have been begging my dad to cook my birthday meal and birthday cake, since my birthday is in October and all.  In my family, it has been a tradition where the birthday boy/girl  gets to decide what meal is cooked that evening.  It has also been a tradition for me to have my dad bake me banana cake.  Because let's be honest, it is the best cake in the entire world.  So, because I was going to be abroad in October, I decided that I would highly suggest to my dad to make me my birthday meal.  I didn't need presents or a big shabang, I just wanted some comfort food.  And comfort food is what I got.  I got the best BBQ brisket ever and probably the best banana cake he has made yet.  MMM.  I am salivating as I type.  But I must continue to tell the story.  So, for dinner, we had some rockin' good food, and not only was my family there to enjoy the deliciousness, some friends that live in the neighborhood came over and delighted their bellies with the goodness.  It was an awesome time of fellowship and good eatin'.  Man, my dad can cook.  My mom chose well.

For my last night at home, my dad had to go to an important meeting in San Antonio, so it was just us girls at home.  Our friends across the street decided that we should have a tea party, and that we did.  We have had one before, but this needed to be a proper tea party.  And let me say, it was awesome.  We brought our tea cups and saucers and we even had sweets to go with it all.  It was a great time.  Here's proof.



After the tea party, we had some more friends from the neighborhood come by and say goodbye.  We just sat and talked while I painted my nails and my mom was being crafty.

It has also been nice to be able to catch up with friends during the week via phone, skype, or whatever mode of communication that was available.  Geez, technology is awesome.

I just sit here and am so thankful for those in my life and the opportunities I have been gien.  I am excited to embark on this journey and I am just beyond blessed to have such amazing friends and family in my life.  Clapping for everyone!

As I travel to London, I can't help but think of The National's song "England".  Here is an awesome cover of the song.  It has a banjo and all.  You knew I had to plug in folk music.


Hope everyone has a splendid weekend and the next time I write, I will be in another country.  No big deal.

Sincerely,
Ang

1 comment:

  1. Have fun Angela, we will miss you!! Hug Adi for us and enjoy the great adventure ahead of you. You are going to take England and Spain by storm :)

    ReplyDelete