Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We Grow Older Still.

Hey All,

Before I begin, please open this video and begin listening to this song.  It is the song of the summer for me.  Well let's be honest, the song of the year.  It will just set the mood for this post.  Y'know?

"Old Pine" by Ben Howard

Now to begin.  It has been a long time since I have written last, but as I am getting ready for my next international adventure, I thought I would share with you the summer that is catapulting me overseas this coming fall.

As I begin to think about this summer and how it has shaped up, I realize it started off in the spirit of the unknown and full of unanswered questions.  I feel like that is a common feeling amongst college students, and although the feeling can be disconcerting, I knew that this summer was going to be special.  Whatever it may be.

And special it was (and continues to be).

This summer has provided not only good memories with family and friends, it also has revealed to me some personal growth that I am continually trying to mold myself into.  In simplest form, it has been a summer of emotional roller coasters, and I wouldn't take it back for a moment.  Some moments were fun and joyous while others were heart wrenching and full of sadness.  The summer is unlike any that I have experienced before and I think that is why I am so shocked with how it has played out.  It has been completely unexpected and unplanned.  That may just define adventure right there.

I sit here thinking of all the things summer has provided for me and those loved ones around me, and I am just astounded with all that I have been able to do and learn.  Here is a VERY small glimpse of what I have been able to do.























Sheesh.  What a summer.  And that isn't even half of it.

As I prepare for my European adventure, I can't help but realize this summer is shaping and molding me into the woman of God that I need to be become for the future.  Though I am human and often fail, this is the time that I must step up and be and do more.  I will grow.

This last month will be full of putting into practice all that the Lord has been teaching me this summer and to bring the spirit of hope and peace to Europe to further the Kingdom of God.  There is no better time than now.  Is there?


September 1, 2012 I will be hopping on a plane to go on yet another great adventure.  Let the countdown begin.


Until next time, enjoy the Olympics, Shark Week, and the rest of the summer wherever you are.

Sincerely,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment