Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm Such a Tourist.

Hi All,

So, I can report that I woke up at 9:30am this morning.  Granted, I laid there contemplating falling back to sleep until 10:00am, but I will dominate jet lag.  

Day two has been an awesome day as well.  Adi and I went around and saw all the touristy things to go see, and I have come to a conclusion.  I am a full on, all out tourist.  I feel like I stop every 5 seconds to take a picture or video or something.  And I think I am okay with that.  It is different than my every day life, of course, but I feel like I should be wearing my visor and fanny pack all while wearing my Hawaiian print shirt.  But for now, I will stick with my leather jacket and sandals.

Today, I went to the olympic park and since the Paralympics is going on, it was pretty crazy.  Also, the stadium is absolutely massive.  I was quite surprised.  I also got to meet up with a friend from Australia and was able to catch up with her about life and a ministry that she has been doing.  Had such a great time.

We also went to Piccadilly and oh my word.  It is absolutely amazing.  All the buildings are so amazingly beautiful.  All of them.  It is street after street after street.  It is like never ending beautiful-ness.  Yes, I just made a word up.  Thank you.

When we were walking around all the different theaters, we walked up to this huge crowd and there were lights and security everywhere.  So of course we go to see what it was.  It turned out to be the movie premiere Sweeney.  It was crazy and unlike anything that I have seen before.  It was awesome.

Because Adi is an actress, she can get discounts on shows, so we were able to go to a West End show called "Blood Brothers".  It was awesome.  It was professional.  It made my night.  After that, we walked toward Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the London Eye.  London at night is really cool.  They have everything lit up with different colors and it is just breath taking.

Again, today was another full and exciting day.  London is such a fast pace city full of different cultures and activities.  I am loving it.  Tomorrow is going to be another sight seeing day seeing friends from around the world.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading all my mini activities and as a reward, I shall show you pictures.

Please enjoy.

Floating Man #1 in Covent Garden.


Floating Man #2 in Covent Garden.


Just hanging out with the Tallest Man on Earth, no big deal.


Regent Street.


En route to Lester Square.


Our tickets!


Phoenix Theater on Charing Cross Road.


The London Eye!

Big Ben!!!!

Until next time, have a great day!

Sincerely,
Ang











2 comments:

  1. Looks like Adi is giving you the VIP treatment! Looks like you are having toooo much fun, stop it! Love all of the pictures, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds very exciting. Try to see as much as you can. If you ever get a bit bored, check out either the British Museum or the British Library. I swear you can't go wrong there.

    ReplyDelete