Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lovin' London.

Oh Hi There.

If I could ever advise you to do anything in your life, it would be to go out and experience the world. See it and embrace it. I know what you're thinking. She has been in London for 5 days and another country or two, so why should I listen to her? And to that, I would say that it doesn't matter if you travel to 40 countries or 1 country. To expand your world view is almost an essential part of life. Traveling isn't for everyone and I understand and accept that, but I can't express enough how important it is to at least try it. It is an amazing a freeing feeling to go to a completely different environment and to get out of your comfort zone. So, all this to say, go out and try something new and be adventurous. Okay, I'll jump off my soap box and I'll update ya on a little bit of what we've done.

Adi and I have been walking (I don't know how many miles) all around London. We went to Camden and went shopping and had crepes. We went to Harrods and had google-y eyes over all the different floors of designer things. Such a crazy store. We have also gone to Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace and wow; that is such a beautiful place. I love the Peter Pan statue!! While we were there we saw the Royal Albert Hall. It is the hosting place for the biggest musical collaborations around. Right next to that, was the Albert Memorial which is a huge golden statue that pays tribute to Prince Albert who died from typhoid. It is 176ft and cost $10 million to build. Crazy stuff.

We were able to see some of Adi's friends who live around the city as well as my YWAM friends from Australia. It has been cool for us to integrate each other in our circle of friends and gain more of an understanding of one another in general. We also got to see Buckingham Palace which is absolutely incredible. Such detail and beauty all smooshed in one big house. We also went to Fortnum & Mason which is basically a huge ritzy department store with ridiculous prices. We went to Westminster Abbey and oh my word. If you come to London ever, you must come down to west London. It's so beautiful and has so many years of history that oozes from every nook and cranny.  Last night we went to a movie premiere in Notting Hill with some friends and it was fun. We all had a great time. 

So that is everything we've done In a huge nutshell for ya. The last thing that I am loving to do (but not so much Adi) is "The Runner's Five". Basically, when you're walking about and you happen to see a runner, you encourage them by sayin something along the lines of "great job running" or "you're doing awesome today" and tally how many high fives you receive compared to how many you hand out. 

My current score is 25-36. 

Happy people high five. 

Here are some pictures from the past couple of days. 

Sincerely,
Ang


Oh Peter.


A statue in Kensington Gardens.

Albert Memorial.



Big Ben.

Westminster Abbey.

Westminster Abbey.

Adi and I before the premiere.


No comments:

Post a Comment