Thursday, December 13, 2012

Not With Haste.

1 Semester.  15 Weeks.  9 Flights.  13 Cities. 6 Countries.  An adventure of a lifetime.

As I am packing up the rest of my things, making my bed, and crossing off everything on my to-do list, it never ceases to amazing me how quick time goes by.  I feel like I was just getting on a plane to see my sister and her family in England, but here I am done with an entire semester of classes in Spain and flying home for the holidays.

This moment is quite a bittersweet one because I have fallen in love with this place and the people and yet I cannot wait to go home to see my friends and family.  I know that Sevilla will hold a special place in my heart and I love that.  I know that I will look back on this semester and cherish all the memories that I have made.  I will look at the growth that I experienced as well as areas that I need to continue to grow in.  This life is one adventure that is always in process.  And in all honesty, I really do love that.

Finals are done and that completes my last fall semester of my college career and again, time seems to fly by in a blink of an eye (I am thinking about being a poet, what do you think?).   I cannot express enough the certainty I feel in the decision of studying abroad this past semester.  Of course I am human and wrestled with that decision, but luckily I have some amazing friends and family to encourage me before, during, and hopefully after.

All this to say is, I am coming home (probably right now to be honest).  I hope that you are as excited to see me as I am to see you.  I have missed everyone and I can't wait to spend some time with each of you hearing all that the Lord has been doing in your life these past four months. 

Keep me in your prayers as I am taking the long journey home (and when I say long, I am not kiddin').  And please pray that I don't have another orange juice incident on the flights home.  I know that my adventure started off on a sour note, but we don't need a repeat of the occurrence.  That would be greatly appreciated.

Love Always,
Ang



No comments:

Post a Comment