Monday, December 10, 2012

Lady In Spain.

Hello Dear Family and Friends.

I write this while procrastinating on studying for finals.  Shocker.

But in all seriousness, I wanted to update you on the past couple of days here in Sevilla.  But first I have a confession.

Sevilla is absolutely stunning dressed in Christmas lights.  That's all I gotta say about that.

So, this past weekend we went to our mentor's house for some games and an amazing lunch.  And get this; I had Dr. Pepper.  Yes.  It was glorious.  I absolutely love this group of girls and the family we have been getting to hang out with.  It has been such a great thing to be able to fellowship in a Christian environment and really encourage and challenge each other.  And the family we get to hang out with is so cool.  Seriously.

After that, some of us wanted to go back to Plaza de Espana here in Sevilla.  We spent time there our first weekend and we thought it would be a good way to say goodbye to Sevilla by going back for our last weekend.  We rowed the boats.  It was difficult.  And funny.  And awesome.



This past weekend, we celebrated my friend Leah's birthday because her birthday is actually two days after we get home and we wanted to celebrate with her and have a proper good time before we all leave.  We went out for some tapas and of course Rayas ice cream (banana to be exact).  It was such a fun time laughing and being with friends.  We were able to just walk around and enjoy all the Christmas lights.  It is seriously beautiful.

Here are some photos for your eyeballs.







We also walked around the Christmas markets that are here right next to the cathedral.  I noticed something odd, and I couldn't help but share.


There were many more where that come from...

At any rate...

On the way back, I walked by the Torre de Oro which is a landmark here.  It is actually a really cool place.


So, now we are in full gear with finals and I actually have one suitcase packed.  Yes Mom.  You should be proud.  But in the Christmas spirit, I thought I'd share a couple of things.

1) I wanted to share me as a tree topper because my lovely friend Katelyn decided it was the perfect tree topper in all of the world.  I mean, I can't disagree with her.


2) I have 3 days left here in Sevilla.  Man has time flew bad.  As it saddens me to get ready to say goodbye to this beautiful place, I am also so stoked to go home and spend the holidays with my family.

3) Here is a great cover song that I found this semester and it has to do with going home.  You may know it.  You may not.  Either way, I like it.  So, without further ado (In case you're wondering, the meaning of ado = hubbub, bustle, flurry, or fuss.  You're welcome).

Home by James Allen


Love Always,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment