Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jumping Whales and Floating Lanterns.

Good Lookin' Family and Friends,

My time in Fingal has been amazing and luckily it isn't over.  But I did just want to update you on life here in the land of Oz.

This past week has been full of firsts.  I tried fish eggs, skurfing (wake boarding but on a surf board), and paddling on the ocean.  And that is only the beginning of the things I have done. There are dolphins and whales that have been visiting the beach which I am not going to complain about the company.  We also have been trying to make floating lanterns which are way cool.  Who knew they actually existed?  I sure didn't. At any rate, I just have one request, don't tell my mom that I have been swimming in shark infested waters.  She might ground me for life.

The end of the summer is near and I have 5 days left in the place that I have called home for the past two months.  It is a bittersweet feeling really.  I have missed my family/friends back in the States, but I now have a new family here and I am hesitant to leave.  I just wish I could combine the two worlds, but I guess this is reality right? 

All I know is that I am going to make these last 5 days the best last 5 days ever.  I hope everyone has a great week and see you all very soon!!

Love,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment