Thursday, November 29, 2012

Winter is Coming.

Hello Lovely People,

As I sit here in my room, I feel a cold chill every now-and-then and then it hits me.  It is winter.  Winter is here.  And that means a couple of things.  One, it is Christmas time, which I love oh so very much.  But seriously.  I really, really love Christmas.  Two, it means finals are just around the corner.  Bleh.  Three, I get to wear my favorite clothes.  If you didn't know this about me, I love winter clothes.  Simple.  And last, it means my stay here in Spain is almost up.  I have two weeks left here in beautiful Sevilla and it has gone by way too fast.  So, before I continue with this post, please listen to this song about winter.  Cheesy?  Probably.  Awesome song?  Definitely.  Not only is Matt Corby an amazing musician, but this song is incredible.  My mom is going to say it is a boring song(s), but I'll live.

Enjoy.

"Winter/My False" by Matt Corby


So, this past weekend, some of us went to the Maritime Museum as well as the Titanic Exhibition that is here in Sevilla.  Both were absolutely mind blowing.  I loved them.

The Maritime Museum was so cool because it is a children's museum, so everything was so interactive and visually appealing as well as educational.  We were able to hear a lot of different stories of people who traveled across the ocean in basically a pirate ship.  As we all know, I do love pirate ships.




We were able to go onto the lookout of the city.  Again, I am still in awe of this place.  I love it here.  Honestly, how could you not?


After that, we all went to the Titanic Exhibit which is a traveling exhibit and it just so happens that it is in Sevilla until spring next year.  It was an amazing thing to go through and experience.  I will never be able to read about the Titanic or watch the movie and think the same as before.  I have gained such a new perspective and understanding about the entire event and I can't put to words how great it was. 






So, a part from going to school, exploring a European city, and going to awesome museums, it is also Christmas time, which means the shops have Christmas stuff out.  Naturally.  I thought that I would share with you some stuff that Leah and I discovered while enjoying the shops.

Bear made of pine cones.

Penguin made of wood chips.

Leah and Christmas fairy ornaments.

Me with a fairy ornament.

Poinsettias in the city center.
There is also this plunger that I couldn't get over.  I couldn't help not sharing it.  It is just way too good to keep to myself.


So, all in all, it has been a great and busy week.  We leave for Portugal in the morning and I honestly must say that this is one of the trips I have been looking forward to the most.  Wish us luck!

Hope everyone is well!  I sure can't wait to see you all!

Love Always,
Ang

P.S.  Here is a quote that I really love right now.  Thought I'd share it with you.

"Joy is a state of mind that must be purposely cultivated if you are to live and love and influence others as God intended."

No comments:

Post a Comment