Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tea Time.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the lack of writing updates on my end.  I will fill you in on the life down under.

1) I have had more tea in the last two weeks than I have in my entire life.  And everyone knows how much I love tea.  Yeah.  Big deal.

2) I have now learned that I cannot ride a longboard.  I have been trying for the past two years, but the impact was great.  And I am not talking metaphorically.

3) Tim Tam Slam is quite the game.  Also, quite the treat to indulge.  Definitely bringing some back.

4) We had a cultural night for people in the community.  Production Team presented the audience with all different cultural dances and what not.  It was called Jiriyay.  It was way cool.

5) I have made some really cool new friends.  Here is a picture.  Enjoy the seriousness.

Banahm, Lungi, Bijang, Robert, and me.

6) Vegemite, although the popular thing to eat in Aussieland, it isn't as wonderful as you think.  It definitely doesn't smell that wonderful.  No petals and fresh mountain air smelling that's for sure.

7) I also have learned I am, by no means, a professional chef.  I may spend hours and hours cooking and washing dishes, but I am in no position to own my own restaurant.  Despite the misconceptions.  Although, my drawings of each meal on the whiteboard is quite the hit.  

8) I have learned some slang here in the land of Oz.  I will share with you all:
             -Eshay: Preppy bros.
             -Goona: Poo.  I know.......  I know.
             -Deadly: The action of being cool
             -Mozzy: Mosquito.
             -Maccas: McDonalds
             -Ranga: A person with red hair.

9) I guess my momma made a great impression on these Aussies.  They think she is really funny.  I don't know why people would think that, but they do.  Supposedly she is a legend.  And they are counting down the days until they get to talk to her again.  Weird.  I know.

10) I got to hold a baby kangroo.  Her name was Beyonce.  She is a survivor.  Hence the name.

Life here is definitely different but fun.  I am enjoying it.  I am laughing a lot and definitely learning a lot.    Life is way fun.  Talk to you soon my friends!

Love,
Ang (and the 4 Slabb boys and Robert)

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up!! Sounds like you are having a blast!! Keep the posts coming! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete