Monday, June 27, 2011

I Am In Love.

I am in love with Australia. 

I am in love with everything about it.  The people.  The culture.  The tea.  The BBQ.  The list could go on forever.  I could live here forever and be totally content with it.  I have been in the Outback for the past two weeks and it has been way too amazing.  This is the real Australia and all I can say is that it is awesome.  I spent a week and a half in Brewarrina and now I am currently in Gulargambone.  We have been hunting, making our own didgeriedoos, throwing boomerangs, had a pet kangaroo (true story), and anything else you can think of.  I just want to throw out there that I am not pansy.  Yeah.  That is a confession right there.

On a completely different note, God has been showing me a lot about who He is and what He is capable of.  He is showing me gifts not only in myself but also in others.  It is allowing me to appreciate and respect the way God has made His children, and we're all different which is so beautiful.  I love to see people who are completely and utterly in love with God.  It isn't just all talk but a complete lifestyle that they live.  It is almost radianting off of their skin it is that evident.  It is a beautiful thing to see God work and encouraging as all get out.  It encourages me to continually strive for a "die-to-self" heart.  And this is something that I need to live with everyday, all day.  Not just when I am on an amazing trip, but all the time.  God is amazing.  Truly amazing.

I wish I could write more and express all that I have experienced, but I just can't find words to describe it at the moment.  I am just in a complete peace and that is just the most amazing feeling ever.

Lovin' my time here and it is only half way over.  Boo Yah.  Hope everyone is doing well!  Miss you all!

Love,
Ang

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I miss you and I am so stinking happy (and jealous) that you get to have this adventure! I am proud of who you are and who you are becoming and I hope that you can see how beautiful and wonderful you are.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love reading this!! I'm so glad you are having a great time and learning so much about yourself, God, people, etc. LOVE it! By the way, how are you doing with your funding? Your audience needs an update!

    ReplyDelete