Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hello Dear Friend.



At the beginning of 2015, I decided to challenge myself with a list of goals I wanted to accomplish in the year. Some were easy to reach, while some were much harder to obtain. 

Regardless, I loved that I made a list of things I wanted to do and try. It grounded me. It pushed me to grow. It taught me the most important things in life are being in relationship with others and enjoying life with them. God made us relational beings and some of the best memories are shared with some of the best people on the planet. 

Last year was full of laughter, challenges, growing pains, learning curves, kindness, and spontaneity. I went out of my comfort zone and tried new avenues of art. I went to a couple rodeos. Saw some kickin' bands. I got to hug on family. See friends get married and others have babies. I got connected to one of the best small groups ever. Made new friends. Grew closer to old ones. Hugged on some I haven't seen in years. I dance and sang and fished. 

All these things I shared with some amazingly stellar people. I am excited to see what 2016 holds, and I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to reveal Himself even more each and every day. 

I encourage you to make a list. It may not get complete or even close to being complete but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you push yourself more and more out of your comfort zone and see how God uses it for the kingdom. It truly is amazing.

Love God and be kind to people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment