Thursday, May 26, 2011

G'Day Mate.

'Ello Mate,

After basically 24 hours of traveling I am here.  And still awake amazingly.  I had the most interesting flights.  Here, let me tell you about them.

Flight #1:  Austin to LA.  The couple next to me were obviously newlyweds and they were from Utah.  They were going to a friend's wedding.  And they supported the PDA movement.  I'll stop there.  By the way, it was a 3 1/2 hour flight I might add.

Flight #2: LA to Sydney.  I had to race to my next flight and came a tad late to the listing of boarding call numbers.  I asked the lady behind me (she was American) if they had called my seat number.  She said no, and right then, I saw her ticket and voi la.  We were sitting right next to each other.  It was both of our first times to Australia, and both super excited.  We hit it off instantly.  Made the flight fun and exciting and I made a traveling buddy.  Can I just say that Qantas flights are way cool?  Seriously, they are.  So, 15 hours later, while I am listening to Interpol (shout out to the roomie), my new friend and I are landing in Sydney, Australia.  Crazy.

So, I finally made it to the compound and picture this.  It is basically a dorm with a kitchen, prayer rooms, dance rooms, offices and community bathrooms.  I am totally in my league.  I am meeting lots of people and everyone has been so friendly to me.  I have been invited to have coffee in someone's room, helped cook and got to fully unpack.  LOVE it.  Also, some of the people go to Hillsong church on a regular basis.  Yeah.  Be jealous.

I have been here less than 12 hours and I am already loving it.  Can't wait to see what God does this summer (well technically winter, but you know what I mean).  It is so strange that I am the one with an accent.  Luckily there are two other girls who are from America, although, they have been living here for over 3 years but we can still count them.

Thank you to everyone who is reading this and supporting me on this grand adventure.  It means the world to me.  You're way cool.  It's that simple.

Hope you all are having a great night/day!! 

Sincerely,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment